We’re updating our policies to comply with the new regulations
To help comply with the GDPR consent requirements, we need to confirm that you would like to continue to receive important updates from us. If you would like to continue hearing from us please update your subscription settings (via Mailchimp) or reach out to us at [email protected]. You can always unsubscribe at the bottom of the email newsletters. We would hate to see you go, but we will understand. We are so grateful for our wonderful community!
Nathan Wosnack, Founder & Chief Executive Officer (CEO)
A. HOW UBITQUITY COLLECTS INFORMATION ABOUT YOU
When you use the Services, we collect information sent to us through your computer.
UBITQUITY does not target its websites, mobile app, API, or any of the Services at children. UBITQUITY does not intentionally collect information from children. If we become aware that we have inadvertently received personal data from a user under the age of 21 (or any lower age pursuant to applicable law), we will delete such information from our records.
What information we collect:
If you create an account or use the UBITQUITY website, we require your consent to collect the following information:
- Account Information – your email address and password;
- Contact Information – your name, birth of date, address, phone number;
- Technical information – IP, login information, browser information, time zone setting, operating system and platform;
- Information about geo-location – real-time location based information from your device at any time while you download or use our services. We may use this information to optimize your experience;
- Other Information: Every computer has an IP (Internet Protocol) address. IP addresses of computers used to visit this site are noted. In addition, we automatically collect other information such as email addresses, browser types, operating systems, and the URL addresses of sites clicked to and from this site.
B. HOW UBITQUITY PROTECTS AND STORES PERSONAL DATA
Your information, whether public or private, will not be sold, exchanged, transferred, or given to any other company for any reason whatsoever, without your consent, other than for the express purpose of delivering the purposed product or service requested by the customer.
We implement a variety of advanced security measures to maintain the safety of your personal information when you access your personal information.
C. HOW UBITQUITY USES THE PERSONAL DATA WE COLLECT
Any of the information we collect from you may be used only to personalize your experience. Having your information will help us better respond to your individual needs.
Additionally, we may use your information to:
- Help improve our website, and make it a better overall user experience.
- For communication purposes to send periodic email to the e-mail address you provide us, such as our newsletter, any company updates or related product and service information. (You can always unsubscribe if you don’t wish to be contacted by us.)
- Troubleshoot any problems
- Customize, measure, and improve UBITQUITY Services and the content and layout of our website and applications
We process your personal data on one or more of the following legal bases in accordance with applicable rules and regulations, including the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) in EU:
- With the consent from you, and/or
- For our legitimate business purposes
We will never use your personal data for any purpose other than what we have disclosed to you. You can revoke your consent to share your data with us at any time, however we may not be able to continue offering you our services should you choose to do this.
- UBITQUITY does not engage in any automated decision-making.
- We will never sell or rent your personal data to any third parties.
- Any communications we send to you will either be related to your account or will be related to UBITQUITY services or products.
- In the event UBITQUITY sends any communication to you, which is not related specifically to your account, UBITQUITY will provide you with an “unsubscribe” mechanism through which you may opt out of receiving other similar messages in the future.
D. HOW UBITQUITY SHARES PERSONAL INFORMATION WITH OTHER PARTIES
The only time we will share your data with another party is if we are required by law and are compelled to do so by subpoena, court order, or a similar legal procedure.
E. SPECIFIC CONSENT BY USERS IN THE EUROPEAN ECONOMIC AREA
The United States may not have protections in place for personal data as extensive as those within the EEA and may not provide adequate protection for personal data within the meaning of the GDPR. You may refuse to give or revoke your consent to this storage of your personal data at any time by emailing [email protected] with the subject line “Revoke EEA data consent.” If you are an individual located in the EEA and you decline to consent, you will no longer be able to use UBITQUITY and our services.
F. HOW YOU CAN CONTACT US ABOUT PRIVACY QUESTIONS AND EXERCISE YOUR DATA SUBJECT RIGHTS
If you have questions or concerns regarding this policy, or if you have a complaint, you should first contact us on our support page by emailing [email protected].
If you are located in, or a resident of, EEA, you have the following rights under EU data protection law:
- Right of access: you can request information about your Personal Data and request a copy of that data.
- Right of rectification: you can request that we correct or update your Personal Data if they are incomplete or incorrect by UBITQUITY at any time by submitting a request to: [email protected] with the subject line “Revise Personal Information.“
- Right to restriction: you can request that we restrict the processing of your Personal Data.
- Right to erasure: you can request erasure of your Personal Data, if the data are inaccurate or processed in a way which is incompatible with the purpose(s) pursued by us.
- Right to data portability: if we process your Personal Data on the basis of a contract with you or based on your consent, you can request to receive your Personal Data in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format, and ask us to transfer such data to a third party, where technically feasible. Furthermore, if you wish to have a copy of your ledger in UBITQUITY, you may download them by submitting a request to [email protected] with the subject line “Download Ledger”.
- Right to objection: you can object to the processing of your Personal Data for direct marketing purpose at any time.
- Right to lodge a complaint: you can lodge a complaint with a competent supervisory authority in the EU situated at your habitual residence, place of work, or place of alleged infringement of the GDPR.
- Right to refuse or withdraw your consent: you can refuse to give and withdraw your consent to data processing at any time. You can also oppose processing of your Personal Data, based on our legitimate interests, including profiling based on this provision, on compelling grounds relating to your particular situation at any time.
- Right not to be subject to automated individual decision-making: you have the right not to be subject to a decision based solely on automated processing, including profiling, which produces legal effects concerning you or similarly significantly affects you.
- Right to deactivate/delete your account: if you no longer wish to use our Services, you have the right to deactivate/delete your UBITQUITY account by submitting a request to [email protected] with the subject line “Deactivate/Delete Account”.
If you want to exercise these rights, simply contact us at [email protected].